Appointed to the Board of IHH Healthcare Berhad (IHH) in January 2021, Dato’ Muthanna bin Abdullah currently serves as an independent member of several boards of companies.
Dato’ Muthanna began his career as a lawyer at Skrine & Co. He then became Partner at Abdullah A. Rahman & Co. before becoming Managing Partner at Lee Hishammudin Allen & Gledhill. Dato’ Muthanna then became Managing Partner at Abdullah Chan & Co. before he assumed the role of Consultant at Abdullah Chan & Co., a role he continues to hold at present.
Professionally, Dato’ Muthanna has frequently advised companies on local and international cross-border acquisitions and investments including corporate restructurings required to transform businesses.
Dato' Muthanna is the Honorary Consul of The Republic of San Marino to Malaysia.
He is also the Trustee of The Habitat Foundation, Yayasan Siti Sapura, a board member of the Kuala Lumpur Business Club and The Malaysian Aerospace Industry Association.
Previously he served on boards of 2 international chambers – the British and the Swiss – and presently is the Avocat Au Confiance to the Swiss Embassy.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB), University of Buckingham
- Barrister-at-Law, Honourable Society of Middle Temple (England)
- Digital Nasional Berhad (formerly known as Digital Nasional Sdn Bhd)
- MSM Malaysia Holdings Berhad
- Sapura Resources Berhad
- Malaysian Life Reinsurance Group Berhad
- MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad
- Does not have any family relationships with any directors and / or major shareholders of the Company.
- Does not have any conflict of interest with the Company.
- Does not have any convictions for offences within the past five years other than for traffic offences, if any.
Dato’ Muthanna bin Abdullah
Date of Appointment: 1 January 2021
Length of Service: 3 months (As at 31 March 2021)
Date of Last Re-election: –