Mr Satoshi Tanaka was appointed to the Board of IHH Healthcare Berhad as Independent Non-Executive Director in January 2021.
Mr Tanaka began his career at Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (Mitsui) in 1981 and had been with Mitsui for 38 years until his retirement in June 2019. During his tenure with Mitsui, Mr Tanaka had held various roles including as Representative Director, Executive Vice President since 2017, after serving as Senior Executive Managing Officer and Chief Operating Officer of the Asia Pacific Business Unit of Mitsui since 2015.
From 2010 to 2015, Mr Tanaka has held various positions including as Executive Managing Officer and Chief Operating Officer of the Consumer Service Business Unit. In 2007, he was appointed General Manager of the Corporate Planning and Strategy Division, preceded by his appointment as General Manager of the Investor Relations Division in 2004.
During Mr Tanaka's tenure with Mitsui, he was appointed to IHH Board of Directors as a representative of MBK Healthcare Partners Limited for the period from May 2011 to April 2017. Mr Tanaka currently serves as a Counsellor of Mitsui, a role he held since June 2019. He is also a director of Kuraray Co., Ltd. and one of Japan's largest homebuilders, Sekisui House, Ltd.
- Master of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Bachelor of Arts in Literature, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Does not have any family relationships with any directors and / or major shareholders of the Company.
- Does not have any conflict of interest with the Company.
- Does not have any convictions for offences within the past five years other than for traffic offences, if any.
Date of Appointment: 1 January 2021
Length of Service: 3 months (As at 31 March 2021)
Date of Last Re-election: –