Dr Prem Kumar Nair oversees the operations and management of IHH’s business units in Singapore, which includes Mount Elizabeth, Mount Elizabeth Novena, Gleneagles and Parkway East hospitals, primary healthcare network Parkway Shenton, as well as ancillary and education entities such as Parkway Radiology, Parkway Laboratory, Parkway Rehab, Parkway Cancer Centre and Parkway College. As the Country CEO for Singapore, he also plays a decisive role in IHH Singapore’s strategic growth and outreach efforts in overseas markets, ensuring that Singapore remains an attractive and trusted option for patients in the region.
Dr Nair is a physician and healthcare executive with over three decades of experience in both public and private healthcare sectors. He was with Raffles Medical Group for 27 years, where he held concurrent roles as Chief Corporate Officer, and Managing Director for Singapore Healthcare. He is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore’s Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health.
An active community citizen, Dr Nair was a recipient of the Public Service Medal (Pingat Bakti Masyarakat) at the 2010 National Day Awards, for his contributions to the Singapore Prison Service. He is also a Justice of the Peace.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Business Administration (Distinction), Manchester Business School, United Kingdom
- Does not have any family relationships with any directors and / or major shareholders of the Company.
- Does not have any conflict of interest with the Company.
- Does not have any convictions for offences within the past five years other than for traffic offences, if any.
Dr Prem Kumar Nair
Chief Executive Officer,
IHH Healthcare Singapore
Age: 61 (As at 1 April 2022)
Date of Appointment: 1 April 2020