Mr Stephen Byrne was appointed the Group Head of Internal Audit of IHH Healthcare Berhad (IHH) on 4 January 2021. In this position, he is responsible for designing a proactive strategy to mitigate corporate risk and improve business processes and internal control mechanisms.
Mr Byrne has 25 years of international experience in both corporate and site-based roles. His career spans numerous sectors including manufacturing, resources and healthcare, the most current being his position as Group Manager, Risk and Assurance with global packaging company Orora in Melbourne, Australia.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants UK (FCA)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physics with Study in Continental Europe from the University of Bristol, UK and University of Mainz, Germany
- Does not have any family relationships with any directors and / or major shareholders of the Company.
- Does not have any conflict of interest with the Company.
- Does not have any convictions for offences within the past five years other than for traffic offences, if any.
Group Head, Internal Audit
Age: 50 (As at 31 March 2023)
Date of Appointment: 4 January 2021