Mr. Jean-François Naa was appointed the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IHH Healthcare Malaysia on 1 March 2020. He provides the strategic direction and maintains high standards of operational and clinical excellence for IHH’s integrated healthcare businesses in Malaysia, which includes a network of 16 hospitals encompassing Gleneagles Hospitals, Pantai Hospitals and Prince Court Medical Centre, as well as ancillary services such as Pantai Integrated Rehab and Pantai Premier Pathology, and a chain of primary care clinics under Twin Towers Medical Centre.
Mr. Jean-François has more than 25 years’ experience in the healthcare industry and has held the role of Chief Executive Officer of several IHH Healthcare entities since 2012.He has been the Chief Executive Officer of Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor and Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia, Regional Chief Executive Officer of South and East Malaysia and interim Chief Executive Officer of IHH Healthcare India. In Singapore, he was the covering Chief Executive Officer for Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital and Chief Executive Officer of Gleneagles Clinical Research Centre.
Mr. Jean-François spent the early part of his career in sales and marketing for the pharmaceutical industry in Europe. He joined Novartis in 2002 as the Oncology Medical Advisor/Clinical Research Manager before being appointed as Programme Coordinator, Asia Pacific for Novartis Oncology. In 2006, he became the General Manager of Novartis Pharmaceuticals to oversee the business inIndochina. In 2009, Jean-François took on the role of Vice President of Primary Care at Astra Zeneca in Thailand.
- Master of Sciences, Engineer in Biochemistry and Biotechnology, HEPL, Liege, Belgium
- Genetic engineering specialisation, EU scholarship program, Comett, France
- Oncology preceptorship, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
- Does not have any family relationships with any directors and / or major shareholders of the Company.
- Does not have any conflict of interest with the Company.
- Does not have any convictions for offences within the past five years other than for traffic offences, if any.
Chief Executive Officer,
IHH Healthcare Malaysia
Age: 56 (as of 31 March 2023)
Date of Appointment: 1 March 2020