As Chief Executive Officer of IHH Healthcare Malaysia, Mr Jean-François Naa provides the strategic direction and maintains high standards of operational and clinical excellence for IHH’s integrated healthcare businesses in Malaysia. This includes a network of 16 hospitals encompassing Gleneagles Hospitals, Pantai Hospitals and Prince Court Medical Centre, as well as ancillary services such as Pantai Integrated Rehab and Pantai Premier Pathology.
Mr Naa has more than 25 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Since joining IHH in 2012, he has taken on leadership roles across multiple geographies including as CEO of Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor and Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia, Regional CEO of South and East Malaysia, and interim CEO of IHH Healthcare India. In Singapore, he was the covering Chief Executive Officer for Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital as well as Chief Executive Officer of Gleneagles Clinical Research Centre.
Mr Naa spent the early part of his career in sales and marketing for the pharmaceutical industry in Europe. Following that, he moved to Asia in 2002 where he held local, regional and global positions with increased responsibility for Novartis pharmaceuticals and Astra Zeneca. He was based in Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore before joining IHH Healthcare.
- Master of Sciences, Engineer in Biochemistry and Biotechnology, HEPL, Liege, Belgium
- Genetic engineering specialisation, EU scholarship program, Comett, France
- Oncology preceptorship, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
- Does not have any family relationships with any directors and / or major shareholders of the Company.
- Does not have any conflict of interest with the Company.
- Does not have any convictions for offences within the past five years other than for traffic offences, if any.
Chief Executive Officer,
IHH Healthcare Malaysia
Age: 55 (As at 1 April 2022)
Date of Appointment: 1 March 2020