OUR ENVIRONMENT

To strengthen our commitment to manage our impact on the environment by prioritising strict adherence to environmental regulations governing waste and by improving our energy performance.

WASTE MANAGEMENT
According to the World Health Organization, about 85 per cent of the total amount of waste generated by healthcare activities is general, non-hazardous waste, comparable to domestic waste. The remaining 15 per cent is considered hazardous material that may be infectious, chemical or radioactive. The treatment and disposal of healthcare waste may pose health risks indirectly through the release of pathogens and toxic pollutants into the environment.