Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Mohammed Azlan bin Hashim was appointed to the Board of IHH Healthcare Berhad in March 2011 as Deputy Chairman and was re-designated from Non-Independent Non-Executive Deputy Chairman to Non-Independent Non-Executive Chairman on 1 January 2018. On 27 November 2018, Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Azlan was re-designated from Non-Independent Non-Executive Chairman to Independent Non-Executive Chairman following his cessation as a nominee director of Khazanah Nasional Berhad.
Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Azlan also serves as a Director and Chairman, Investment Panel of Employees Provident Fund, a role he held since 1 September 2020.
Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Azlan previously served as Executive Chairman of the (then) Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange Group from 1998 to 2004 and in various other senior management roles, including at Bumiputra Merchant Bankers Berhad and Amanah Capital Malaysia Berhad.
- Bachelor of Economics, Monash University
- Fellow Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Australia
- Member, Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Fellow Member, The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad
- D&O Green Technologies Berhad
- Marine & General Berhad
- Khazanah Nasional Berhad
- Does not have any family relationships with any directors and / or major shareholders of the Company.
- Does not have any conflict of interest with the Company.
- Does not have any convictions for offences within the past five years other than for traffic offences, if any.
Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Mohammed Azlan bin Hashim
Chairman, Independent, Non-Executive
Chairman of the Steering Committee
Date of Appointment: 30 March 2011
Length of Service: 10 years (As at 31 March 2021)
Date of Last Re-election: 28 May 2019